Our Genesis Dream Center is love to the rescue!
Our vision for the Genesis Dream Center (GDC) is to connect Chicago’s socially and economically marginalized or disregarded people with a loving and caring community of support by providing practical and tangible services that address immediate and long-term needs.
We will optimize our downtown facility as a base for on-premise services and develop partners with expertise so we can provide an evolving list of services including:
1. Soul health and wellness
2. Food for the hungry: emergency weekend feeding (for families who have no food over the weekends), food pantry, grocery outreach, street sandwiches
3. Orphan care: food, clothes, medical attention, and more
4. Life skills classes: job skills, problem solving, conflict resolution, budgeting, hygiene, “Power to Parent”, and more
5. Adopt a school literacy program: helping kids to read at grade level
6. Practical resources for impoverished people: food, clothes, education, and more
7. A way out for victims of sex-trafficking
8. Real-world help for people with addictions.
9. Thrift Boutique: providing lightly used clothing, accessories and home décor items
10. Prisoner rehabilitation and assimilation.
All of these acts of kindness and love will serve to demonstrate the goodness of God, to lead people to Jesus Christ, and to awaken the unrealized dreams in the hearts of multitudes.